Effective/Updated as of July 1, 2019
More specifically, this Policy summarizes how the Company handles the personal and other information users of the Site provide while accessing and using the Site. Please review this Policy carefully. The Company reserves the right to change its Policy at any time, in which event the Site will contain a notice of the change. Changes will be effective immediately upon posting to the Site. By accessing the Site, you are indicating your agreement to the Company’s Policy. If you have any questions or concerns about the Policy, please contact us using the information provided below.
Information Collected. As you are probably aware, we may collect information on our Site from a variety of sources. In general, we collect and use this information in order to carry out our business functions and provide the highest quality of service.
Site Utilization. The Company may compile statistical information concerning the usage of the Site, such as the number of visitors to the Site, or to sections or pages within the Site, patterns of traffic flowing through the Site, length of time spent on the Site, or in sections or pages of the Site, the other sites that refer visitors to the Site, the pages of the Site that visitors frequently use as entry and exit points, IP address, utilization of the browser, operating systems and versions used by visitors to the Site, and search terms you used in search engines which resulted in you linking to the Site. This information allows the Company to monitor its utilization and continuously improve its quality.
Personal Information. We also may collect personal information from you in connection with your use of the Site. By using the Site, you consent to the processing of any personal data provided or collected for the purposes and functions described in this Policy. Categories of personal information we might collect in connection with your use of the Site include:
- Account Set-Up. If you set up an account on the Site to use some or all of the services on the Site, we would collect contact information from you such as name, address, email address, and phone number.
- Care Information and Location Tracking. If you use our Site to record the delivery of care for any purpose, the Site may collect information including the mobile device’s geolocation data, caller ID of the telephone or mobile device used, information on the duration and location of care provided, voice recordings and other identifying information of the provider(s) using the Site, information on the type(s) of care and services provided, and other related information pertaining to the addresses of care recipients, IP address of Site users, hours of service and methods of use of the Site.
- Insurance Claims Services. If you use our Site to help facilitate filing insurance claims, we might collect additional information, including insurance policy information, the care recipient’s subscriber or member number under the policy, the care recipient’s plan of care, caregivers, the nature of the care received, as well as electronic signatures.
- Payment Services. If you use our Site to help facilitate making payments to individuals or providers, processing office or household employee payroll, or receiving payments from an individual or company, we may collect information from care recipients, their families, or authorized representatives, and care providers to facilitate payment. This information includes financial account numbers (credit card numbers, bank account numbers, routing numbers, etc.), social security numbers, tax identification numbers, care received, and related contact information.
- Employment. If you use the Site to apply for employment with us, we may collection from you information about your employment history and related information.
You can always limit the information you provide to us, but if you choose not to provide certain requested information, you may be unable to access some of the services and content on the Site. You can also limit the communications that we may send you by following a simple opt-out or unsubscribe process. Simply follow the instructions provided to opt-out of receiving, or unsubscribe from, future communications. Please note that even if you opt-out of certain communications from us, we may still need to contact you with important information about your use of the Site.
Cookies. The Company may use web site “cookies,” pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons in the process of compiling the statistical information mentioned above to recognize you when you return to the Site, help us improve the quality of our service when you visit our Site, and to tailor certain pages of the Site for your browsing convenience. A cookie file can contain information such as the URL you came from, your computer's IP address and domain type (e.g., .com or .org, etc.), your browser type, the country, state and telephone area code where your server is located, the pages of our site that were viewed during a visit, and any search terms that you entered on our site. This information generally is used for internal purposes, and we do not link your URL or IP address to any personal information unless you have logged into our Site with an established account login and password. You have the option of setting your browser to reject cookies, but our Site may not function correctly if you do. Refer to the Help feature of your browser for information on disabling cookies.
The Site is not directed to children. The Company does not knowingly collect any personal information from children. If you are concerned about your child’s use of the Site, you may use web-filtering technology to supervise or limit access to the Site.
Use of Information. In general, we will use the information we collect about you only for the purpose it was collected, as otherwise provided in this Policy, and as permitted or required by law. For example, we might use your data:
- To provide you with the products and/or services you have requested.
- To respond to your requests for information about us or relating to activities, opportunities, events, or products appearing on the Site.
- To communicate with you. We may send you messages about the availability of our services, Site, security, or other service-related issues. Please be aware that you cannot opt-out of receiving service messages from us, including security and legal notices.
- For our research and development efforts. We may use data, including public feedback and surveys, to conduct research and for the development of the Site and the services, products, and information we provide to you.
- For other everyday business purposes. By way of example product development, contract management, IT and website administration, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
- To inform you of the products, services, events, or activities that we think may be of interest to you. For example, we may send you announcements, surveys, and newsletters using any communications preferences you have expressed. We may provide these communications via email, postal mail, online advertising, social media, telephone, text message (including SMS and MMS), push notifications, in-app messaging, and other means.
- To ensure your information is accurate and to personalize our communications to you. For example, we may aggregate your personal information with data from third-party sources for purposes of keeping information up to date.
We may also rely on information from third parties in order to provide better, more personalized service. If you connect your social media services or other accounts to our services, we may use this information to make your experiences with us more personal and social, or share and use it as described elsewhere in this Policy.
Disclosure of Information. In general, we will not disclose your information for any purposes other than those in conjunction with the business activities requested of us unless otherwise permitted or required by law or by this Policy. In the course of our normal business activities, we may disclose collected information to both affiliates and non-affiliated entities, as we deem necessary. For example, and without limitation, the Company may need to use or disclose this information with its third party vendors to manage the Site, respond to subpoenas, defend litigation, enhance its services, and protect the Company’s legal rights. We endeavor to choose affiliates and non-affiliates with similar standards to ours regarding the protection of personal information. This Site may use social media plugins (e.g. Facebook and LinkedIn) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our Site, the operator of the social plugin can place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our Site. If you are logged into the social media website (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) while browsing our Site, the social plugins allow that social media website to share data about your activities on our Site with other users of their social media website. For example, Facebook Social Plugins allow Facebook to show your Likes and comments on our pages to your Facebook friends. Facebook Social Plugins also allow you to see your friends’ Facebook activity on our website. We do not control any of the content form the social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from other media websites you should refer to those sites’ privacy and data/information sharing statements/policies.
In no case will the Company sell or license personal information to third parties, except as required or permitted by law. For example, we may share personal information in connection with certain business transactions, such as the acquisition of all or substantially all of the Company’s assets. In such cases, we will take reasonable steps under the circumstances and to the extent possible to ensure that the recipient agrees to provide privacy protections substantially similar to those established by this Policy.
Do Not Track. “Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that you can set in your Internet search browser that sends a signal to a website that you do not want the website operator to track certain browsing information about you. However, because our Site is not configured to detect Do Not Track signals from a user’s computer, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track requests.
Modifying Your Personal Information. If you would like to update your personal information on the Site, you may call the customer service line provided on the “Contact Us” page of the Site.. Also, if you wish to unsubscribe from any of our newsletters or other communications for which you have registered, you may fill out the form on the “Contact Us” page of the Site and describe the specific newsletters or communications from which you wish to unsubscribe.
Safeguarding of Information. No system for safeguarding personal or other information is 100% secure. However, we take a number of steps to safeguard the security of personal information obtained through the Site. For example, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) data encryption when data is certain transmitted over the Internet to our Site. For example, when you log in to your account in AssuriCare’s Member Services area, your session is immediately moved to pages utilizing SSL security. You remain within that SSL security for your entire session, until you log out or leave the Member Services pages. The SSL security protocol provides data encryption, server authentication, message integrity, and optional client authentication for a TCP/IP connection. AssuriCare has engaged the services of a trusted third party to provide periodic audits of our website security. We have installed layered firewalls and other security technologies to help prevent unauthorized access to our systems. Our data centers are maintained in a secure environment with appropriate security measures. Our employees are trained to understand the importance of confidentiality and are required to adhere to our privacy policies and procedures. Employees who violate these policies and procedures are subject to disciplinary action. We employ numerous practices to protect against the disclosure of information for purposes unrelated to the performance of our business functions or to individuals other than those who must use it in the course of their work activities. These practices include the use of password protection of computer files, e-mail and voice-mail, video surveillance, and other physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards.
Contact Us. If you have any questions regarding this Policy or our policies in the event of a compromise of your information, you may contact us at:
100 5th Avenue, Suite 4010
Waltham, MA 02451